As Featured On Ezine Articles - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - As Featured On Ezine Articles

Friday, March 14, 2008

Upside Down, Rush, OReilly, Ferraro and Penguins

If you had told me that someday conservative talk show hosts like Rush and O'Reilly would defend Geraldine Ferraro I might have said something like, "yea, and did you know that we had a penguin living in our backyard in L.A.?" It's an upside down world if you ask me! So what does this have to do with personality tests? I'm not sure. Perhaps it will come to me before I'm finished.

As an impressionable twenty-something year old many years ago--frankly, Ferraro scared me. She was a loud, brass, outspoken Lib: leader of N.O.W. (National Organization for Women) and that wasn't an organization that represented this woman in any way. What a funny thing...in view of her comments she now has the conservative giants backing her statements about Obama. You knew she had to be let go after Obama's mishap with Powers, who called Hillary a monster and was let go from the Obama campaign because of it.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergartan, by Robert Fulghum just came to mind. I wonder if anyone reads that anymore or if most of us just missed those lessons. Sometimes I wish all those who missed the lessons could go back and redo Kindergartan.

I really didn't start this blog with the intention of dwelling on politics. It's just that this is the season. I will change the subject...someday. Right now the greatest nation bar none ever to exist in the history of man is facing another important election and I'm concerned. I love America! I want it to stay great. I want it to be the nation that all others can look to as the ideal; something to strive for so that they too can be great and offer liberty, opportunity and justice for all within their borders. I want us to be able to put down oppressive threats in the world and help those who are willing to help themselves. But I see our power and greatness slipping away.

Our nation is great because it was established under God with his hand guiding its formation. We are not responsible for our country's greatness--He is! It was a miracle. But we are now stewards of this gift and have a responsibility to keep it great, and I'm concerned. God has been generous in giving what he has because we have been far from perfect. But we can do better, if we just will.

Okay, now I know what this has to do with Personality Tests. You just discovered my personality--in part anyway. I will tell you (according to the MBTI) that I am an NF: an idealist with an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others. Personality tests can be amazingly accurate!

No comments: